Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sew Cool!

I found this nostalgic ad in my grandma's magazines. Isn't it inspiring? All the unique fabric and great patterns from PurlSoho make me want to break out the sewing machine… and attempt to thread a needle (check out their blog for instructions). Can I even remember how to do that? I've sewn 2 quilts in my lifetime and that is the extent of my sewing experience. Shall I dare tackle clothing? My grandmother made all my mom's outfits, and still sews all her own table cloths, curtains, and outdoor furniture upholstry. She also performed a same-day rescue for Rigel's pillow incident. Grandma is a mere 10 minutes away should I need her expertise...Hmmm, this may be do-able.









Can't wait to get started. Where there's a will, there's a way, right?










No comments: