Thursday, May 21, 2009

Radishes recipes, anyone?

So, here we are with lots of radishes from our garden and not a clue as to what to do with them. Salads? Well, my kids aren't big on salads, and as far as I know, the only other thing radishes can be used for is a garnish. Ideas?

Heads up: we are soon to be harvesting daikon (Japanese radish) and turnip (which confuses me because my Japanese grandmother always called turnips "daikon")... more unfamiliar veggies for our family... sure would love to convince my kiddos of how yummy home-grown can be--if only I knew what to do with everything!

1 comment:

jill said...

my mom's favorite way is to slice them thinly and eat them on bread with butter and salt. You can also make radish relish or pickled radishes. (I have been researching this since soon we will have an overabundance).