Sunday, February 8, 2009

I dream of libraries...

I've always loved my grandmother's (I know I mention her a lot) floor-to-ceiling library in her dining room...One of these days, I'd love to have a wall lined with bookshelves, complete with shelves protruding out from over and around door frames and such. Space is limited for us right now, so why not wall paper? Though we could recreate the visual, it just wouldn't be the same without that "old book" smell.



If we ever get around to installing real shelves, it'll be time to make things official: emboss all the "keeper" books (you know, the ones you want to re-read or pass on to your kids) with a subtle, yet permanent, inkless stamp. And, what would our stamp say? ..."from the library of The Fox Den," of course.

Photo credits: Expressionary.com and Deborahbowness.com

No comments: