Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anita Shreve Addict


I am loving the novelist Anita Shreve, and have been reading her books every night while the kids fall asleep. I started with Body Surfing, and haven't stopped yet--so far, only one of five has disappointed (Wedding in December... too loosely connected until the last few chapters).

Light on Snow, A Pilot's Wife, and Sea Glass were my favorites. Next up: Weight of Water. Shreve interweaves a touch of everything into her stories. It has been a while since I have found a writer I've enjoyed this much without getting bored with the writing style.

There's just something about her characters and their stories... I can't figure out exactly what it is I love about them, except that I feel as though something a bit comforting can be drawn from each book.

3 comments:

Brenda Heisler said...

Hi. First time visiting your blog. Very nicely done.

You might want to download the Google Friend Connect. It shows the people that follow your blog. It will bring in more traffic to your blog. Any questions, I just did a post on it. Most blogs have it now. Easy to install. My blog is Wiser By The Wrinkle. You'll see a couple of videos there on how to use it.

Little Town Tea said...

Hey Jen. These books look good. I'll have to pick one up. By the way, it seems as though people were unable to leave comments on my blog so I had to delete my old blog and put it back in the same place to fix this. During this transaction I lost all of my followers, so you may want to become a "Lover of Little Town Tea" again. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am still not sure why people were not able to comment. Anyhow, hope all is well. Miss you!

The Fox Den said...

thanks for the tip on Google Friend. Also, I'll definetly be back on your blog, Tea.